Ordering from IKEA? Know the changed scenario for delivery
Work from Home – The New Trend!
Pandemic has been a tough time for everybody. Market players have changed their working styles and policies. White collar offices have shifted to Work from Home policy resulting in a surge of more and more home offices. The earlier luxurious homes seldom had a study built within; but now people are spending on getting a home office ready to be able to have a dedicated space for office chores and to be able to differentiate between office zone and home/family time.
With more and more companies giving allowance for office furniture like tables, chairs, modem, and stools and so on, the demand for these items has increased manifold. To be able to meet the surging demand and to ensure that the spread of the virus is not increased, big shops have made certain changes to their shipping policies.
Changes made by IKEA in their shipment and delivery policies
IKEA – the furniture giant, who has been catering to more than 95% of such office demands, has made considerable changes to its sales and shipping policies. The major changes that have been made in their policies include:
- The usually same day deliveries have been shifted and there is no commitment on the delivery date, owing to the huge demand of products.
- The deliveries have gone contact less; earlier the tables or the beds that used to be delivered to your rooms are not being left outside your homes, making it cumbersome for you to pull the items inside.
- Returns and exchanges have been paused in the current Covid situations to comply with the government directives.
- Shipping prices have been put on a flat rate at many areas; irrespective of how much you buy, you will have to pay the same shipping fee for your delivery.
- Assembly services that used to be offered in partnership with TaskRabbit are also delayed; you may choose to find some local assembly service providers to put everything together.
- Most of the IKEA stores are not yet open for in-store shopping and are offering Click and Collect service. So, before you leave your house to go for the store experience, ensure to check whether the store is open for sale or not.
Customers having their own vehicles can easily go and pick up stuff from the nearby store. Those who do not have the privilege of own vehicles or due to safety reasons do not want to step out of their homes, they can opt for alternative options. No, not alternative options for IKEA products’ but opt for alternative delivery options. One of them is Moovick.
Moovick as an Alternative Delivery Option
We have drivers registered with us on our website who have a van of their own. They are ready to help you with shipment of products from one place to other and mostly are also ready to help putting your purchased products inside your houses.
All you need to do is find a driver who is available in your area and at the time when you need their service; get in touch with them and get your IKEA purchases delivered to your home the very same day. With Moovick, you need not wait for IKEA deliveries which are anyhow delayed because of Corona pandemic.
With the services of loading, unloading, door deliveries, assembly and so on, Moovick is the best option available to get your purchases in a swift, cost efficient and safe manner!
Checklist for EU citizens moving to Germany
Home Improvement professionals: Who does what?
IKEA Hack: Get Fast & Affordable IKEA Delivery
The Top 5 Logistics Challenges Furniture Production Companies Face ...
Employee Relocation Rights in Germany and the Netherlands: A Compre...
Moving to France: A Guide to Your French Adventure